Burj Khalifa proudly bears the title of the tallest building in the world
Guess where is Burj Khalifa located…You are absolutely right! World’s tallest building is situated in fairy Dubai.
The government of United Arab Emirates tries its best to attract more and more tourists to diversify the oil-based economy of the country. They came to the conclusion that constructing all “the most” buildings in Dubai city will help them to achieve their goal.
The nice fact is that their strategy works great and even novice travelers are eager to see this architectural masterpiece, get to the top of it by the super-fast elevator and touch the sky from its observation deck. There is an amazing view from the top of this giant building so it is definitely worth visiting.
Some numeric facts about Burj Khalifa:
- The height of the tower is 828 meters (2716.5 feet). It is three times higher than Eiffel Tower and almost two times higher than the Empire State Building.
- The elevator speed is 10 meters per second so it takes just one minute to get to the 124th floor where the observation deck “At the Top” is located.
- The number of floors in Burj Khalifa is 163.
- The construction of the highest skyscraper began in 2004 and the official opening ceremony with wonderful fireworks took place on the 4th of January 2010.
- You better book your observation deck tickets online in advance not to lose your chance to get there during your desired time by reasonable price.